Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Letter 1 to Naima.

To my long bean of a friend who decided to abandon me for the dizzying joys of arabic

Its been 2 weeks since you’ve gone. And man does it feel strange not only cos there is no one to beat up but when you text I have to text back instead of ringing you back damm it. Things are nice an' slow in terms of change here.

Oh yeah the insurance company where not going to give me a replacement phone so I rang on the hour every hour until they said they were going to give me a replacement or money to replace it.

They soooooooooooo had no idea who they were messing with. That’s all the excitement that’s happened so far.

On Saturday we did a do for Sara and Eman they are off to London. Gutted!!!!!

And that was the start of the really funky weather. There was so much fog that Jude didn’t make it to Manchester. And everyone was driving about 10 miles an hour.

We are in the middle of a frost snap. Its like -1.5 at the moment and at night it falls down to -3 or 4.

So while you may think its cold in Egypt its got nothing on Manchester. Its also suppose to snow 2mrw emmmm.

I have been to 2 Arabic lessons with Native uncle. He’s really sweet. My last homework took about 4 hrs to do on a Saturday.

Cos of your blog there is nothing to ask really bout how things are going and how settled you are.

Your flat mates sound really nice. Man I wish I was there , I can’t even afford the airfare to come over in Easter. And you are coming back to England before I can come over in the summer.

I am glad the books are coming handy, I mean there wasn’t much that I could give or advise you on. As your parent had already given you the religious knowledge to fall back on, your sisters had given you love and support, and me I gave noodles and books.

My gift to you isn’t a thoughtless one as some may think but those who know you and me know that reading is not a hobby or just something we do for the sake of it.

Its like the need to drink water, if we don’t get the right amount of water we get slightly grumpy.

The noodles were the emergency food as I wasn’t too sure of your cooking skills been the last time you cooked for me was ermmmmmmmm never.

Dude you have to see the size of my new bag, its huuuuuuuuuuge and all because my green bag has taken a trip to a different continent, sigh! sigh!

Wot else is there!! Nothing much but guess what’s coming on TV over here…….

Harry Dresden the series ha ha ha

You can see the trailers on you tube.

Love loads your nutter of a friend

2 comments:

Ever The Idealist said...

Harry Dresden??? Why does he sound fimiliar FL? Is it cause he is wizard?????

I think you should come with a warning for the poor people who don't know you - just to save them time and aggro...

I am gonna die of cold when I get back, aren't I?

Anonymous said...

Hey shuls...i love you woman!!! if i was a man :)

you don't know how much the books mean to me its a geniune hadiya (gift) from the heart and only a book fiend can comprehend how much i appreciated that!

the noodles lol! already ran out :) i have perfected the art of making them unlike last time when i tried it at yours

brilliant ideas these letters, i feel like am almost there:)

Naima